6.16.2009

Masta Bathroom.

I L-O-V-E this man.
I'm going to be honest with you. And I know this is going to be hard to hear, but at some point, very soon, I will NOT be blogging about our master bathroom any longer. We are, officially less than two weeks from being done! We did a whole lotta work this past weekend, and we worked together alot actually. Which is strange b/c our days of working side-by-side have slipped away since Jack's been born. For obvious reasons. But it was the strangest thing. Sunday, Jack was so incredibly self-entertained, we got a bunch of priming and painting done plus we switched the direction our bedroom door opens..I get back to that another day (b/c I need a pic to explain). We worked for about 12 hours (including clean-up). And I really enjoy working with Matt on things....alot actually. I enjoy anything that allows me to spend time with him. Even if it's manual labor. ha. And even though he's done the bulk of the work on the house, there have been a few projects here and there that we've done together..and it's fun! I feel as though working with your spouse really brings you together and helps you to sharpen those communication skills. But back to Sunday, Jack took an insanely long morning nap, even after waking up late. Then he watch a Baby Einstein in the saucer....ok fine it was two. But in all honesty that's the only time I utilize those videos. Don't get me wrong I think they're great. But I'm not a big TV person myself, and I'm definitely not going to let my kids be big TV watchers either...like hardly at all if I can help it. But back to the point, he watched a couple videos, then for the first time we used his crib for something other than sleeping. I put a bunch of his fav toys in there, opened all the blinds, turned up his music, left the door open and he just hung out and was happy as can be. He could pretty much see us the whole time. But I figured he would enjoy playing in there b/c every since he was a wee one he's always LOVED his crib. Even now, he wakes up from a nap and sits, plays, talks for sometimes over an hour. It's his own little sanctuary. So in the end, it was an extremely productive weekend. BUT as of right now, Matt is actually working on the vanity.... right now, as I type, he's looking at me through the back door ;) The vanity doors and drawers arrived this afternoon. And I wanted to put up a few pics of us working this past weekend and Matt working tonight. The only reason I'm blogging is b/c he's working. Normally nights, after work are precious family time. But we are on the home stretch and "we" had to add-in a few workin'- nights b/c Saturday is the only workable day this weekend..hello...first Father's Day. Then next weekend we are going to Charlotte, NC to visit Matt's family. We love them!! So excited! And as an extra bonus Matt's sis Rebecca and her hubby Mark are going to drive down from DC for the weekend as well. So, that is going to be a blast! And I can't wait. You should be excited for the fun pictures of Jack with his cousins! ;)
Matt sanding the vanity this evening.

Me painting a door this past weekend...

And as I write this post, and Matt sands away....the prince....is.....asleep.


Sweet Dreams!
chw

















5 comments:

MCD said...

I loved this post! Can't wait to see more pics of the bathroom soon :)

mallory said...

It is fun to work together on projects, I loved doing that on our old house. I can't wait to see pictures of the finished product!

Anonymous said...

I loved this post too! The bathroom is looking amazing! We miss little Jack! We want to come back soon, sometime between now and end of July for sure! xoxo
Love,
Lindsey (Kaiser-lol)

Claire Helena said...

Meg & Mallory, Yes I will def post finshed product pics soon!...or Mrs. D. you just might see it in person come July 5th! :) Maybe if we're lucky.

Lindsey, Thanks so much! And you are welcome in jax ANYTIME! Like I've told you a thousand times, you are fabulous company and I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing your sweet babes. They are oh, so much fun! We'd love to see you July 5th for his baptism (i hope you got the invite by now), but I understand if it doesn't work out also. But we own you a trip to Ocala.

Anonymous said...

love it! can't wait to see the finished product!! : )