6.22.2009

Man oh man I love my Matt! Happy Father's day baby!

I apologize for this post being a day late. Father's day was yesterday, however we were so darn busy all day long..that this is the first free moment I've had since we started the Father's day festivities yesterday morning. We had a beautiful day as a little family...including some time for just Matt and I...which is rare. Our amazing Jacqueline watching Jack Richard was beyond a blessing! We are so grateful. Thank you JDK! We started out the morning with breakfast at Matt's favorite bfast joint. The Fox. In Avondale. Then Church, then a nap. All three of us-JRW slept for 2.5 hours and so did we. Glorious!

Then we let the little man stay sleeping and we snuck off to a mid day movie together. Jack stayed with his favorite "girlfriend/aunt/2nd mama Jacqueline". The movie was followed by a few margaritas at a mex rest. near our house. Again glorious!
Came home, played with Jack, then bath, reading, bed...for Jack, that is. Then I made a favorite dinner of Matt's, Pasta Carbonara, we ate together..then finished off the night in Matt's new hammock, just laying under the stars, chatting and enjoying each others company. Priceless. Yes there are some things money can buy, that new hammock is one of 'em. It's so relaxing, I wish we would have gotten one years ago!

But I wanted to take an opportunity to publicly say what an amazing father I think Matt is. He is truly the most patient person I know. In the year we've been married and the year and half we dated, and the other year and half we were engaged I've never seen Matt yell, loose his temper, get upset, anything. He is so calm, loving, sweet, compassionate, generous. I could go on and on. I still wonder what I did to deserve such a beautiful person in my life, and such a perfect partner to spent forever with. I can not think of any characteristics that I wish he possessed. He is, in my eyes, perfect. I love the way he loves Jack, the way he loves me, and the way he has provided and made this beautiful life that we have and share. For those of you who know Matt. You know that he is as easy-going, fun-loving and hard working as it gets. Not to mention he makes me laugh. But today is about Daddy's and he is a good one! He gets so excited to spend every minute he can with his little "buddy" as he calls Jack. And Jack adores Matt. From the moment we found out we were pregnant, Matt has been the most supportive husband and excited soon-to-be- Daddy.

I could not ask for a better Father for Jack, head of the house, and leader of this family than you Matt. Thank you for being you. Thank you for your patience, love, understating, strength and faith. You are an amazing Father, Jack and I are blessed. I love you.
Here are just a few of my favorite pictures of Jack's birthday and a couple favs of Jack & Matt several months ago...enjoy.



























1 comment: