8.10.2008

WHO KNEW????

I'm posting this blog entry in complete shock. I had NO idea my husband was an amazing artist!!! I knew he could fix or build anything because of the work I've seen him do around our house. And I knew he was talented when it came to his career at a general contractors because his job can be very tedious and require a lot of detailed work which he's been successful at. So when my Mom and I started brain storming about something for the biggest wall in the nursery, we discussed a mural. This afternoon Matt was online searching for images of a star fish, sailboat, or anything nautical or from the ocean. He came across some sailboat images and next thing I know he was in the nursery sketching (free-hand) a huge sailboat above the couch. I kept popping in and out to see how it was going, and I couldn't believe my eyes! Next he asked where my paints were and before I knew it, he had nearly completed the entire project in less than 2 hours. I've known Matt for 3 1/2 years and have never seen any evidence of this amazing talent. He always surprises me with what he can do! I LOVE that he contributed this gorgeous artwork to our son's room.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Matt! The sailboat is amazing! Great job!! Can you believe that by this time next month Jack will be here in the room with that sailboat? I'll be up to see him, you and Claire, AND the sailboat after his arrival. Love you guys, Marmie