3.03.2009

I'm back!!

I know I know...I'm such a slacker! But the good news is, it's just when it comes to my blog! I've been super busy with random stuff lately. My week usually holds: MOPS on Mondays, Tutoring on Tuesdays (ok I swear I'm not trying to do that, haha). I started volunteering in the fall to tutor 1st graders with their reading at a school near our house. I attend a Bible Study on Wednesdays, Jack's "Music Together" class on Thursdays and a new play group I just joined on Fridays. And just keeping up with my SIX MONTH OLD! Can you believe it?? Is keeping me on my feet! And I also run as much as possible and train. I just ran a 5 mile race on Saturday and on March 14th, I'm running in a 15k (9.3 miles). And I can't wait!!! They are so much fun. OK so what else have I been up to? As of recently...I've finally been able to help with some bathroom stuff. Up until this point all the work has been stuff only Matt can do..but yesterday I started painting in there and pretty much finished most of it (minus a little trim) this morning. Below are some pictures of our bathroom window creation. And it requires a short little story. When Matt and I were in Costa Rica, we spent some time at a house that had a shower, where one of the walls in the shower was just a screen, looking out to the rain forest, I'm sure it's common there, but it was so unique to us and natural, Matt and I fell in love with it. So when we started brain storming on ideas for our master bathroom. We thought that it would be neat to put the shower in front of the huge window, that was already there and plan to plant climbing vines on lattice, so that eventually it would be a huge window covered in plants that would give the feeling of showering outdoors and it would have beautiful natural light. And below the pictures of last weekends project-the lattice (which by the way we had a blast building it together...very rarely, actually never have we had a project that we've started and completed in one day!) And the rest are the most recent pictures of the shower with the fixtures in it. I promise to post some more tomorrow if Matt hangs up our new mirror. Hope all is well with everyone. Christina, I hope you're reading this and it's somewhat entertaining! She gave up Facebook for Lent! Very impressive...I gave up chocolate, which for some reason doesn't seem as intense as no Facebook for 40 days! You go GIRL!!! much love


chw xoxo








7 comments:

Trish Chibas said...

Wow! That looks great! You guys are really doing a great job! Did you guys do the tile yourself too?

MCD said...

Wow! I am so impressed. It looks AMAZING.

mallory said...

Gorgeous! I'm very impressed. I want to see some recent pics of your little man!

Lisa said...

Love the shower and your new "view" of the backyard.

Little Lady said...

Of course I'm reading!! Giving up Facebook isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Needless to say, I've been spending quite a bit of time on craigslist, looking for stuff for the house! I actually decided to start a blog for our house.. I'll be in touch with info, as soon as we decide on a title. I wanna see pics of Jack, too!

Claire Helena said...

Hey there little lady! I'm so excited for you two....hurry up with the blog. Remember you can always change the title of your blog-but the actual address is a little more difficult. How about both of your first names? love you xoxo
And Miss Trish..we did do the tile ourselves...but by we I mean Matt and my Dad ;)

Thank you for the kind compliments everyone!

Anonymous said...

I love the window idea! It must be awesome to have such a handy-man at your disposal!!! : )